Thursday, June 30, 2005

War of the worlds

A few months after I was born, Orson Welles scared America to death with a radio broadcast of War of the Worlds by H. G. Wells.

The audience in the theater today where I sat was mesmerized by the same story. I don't usually like science fiction or scary stories, but I enjoyed this one. It is not for little kids; there are words that Welles didn't have in his book, I am sure.
But for an imaginative ride, it was fun. I think the movie does not parallel the book very much except in the chaos created by out-of-our-world beings.

One sometimes has to wonder if the great God of the universe--the Creator--stopped creating beings with our little world. The thought is too big for my little brain; perhaps that is why I don't care for science fiction. But what if?

No comments: