Wednesday, June 29, 2005

Steamy rain

Rain started falling minutes ago. We badly need any drops that come. The street was so hot that steam immediately began to come up like steam from a teakettle. Rain is so choosy here. Yesterday it rained buckets downtown and not a drop out here.

I have been read Max's book Come Thirsty. I hadn't relized there were so many verses relating to water in the Bible. As I read it, Zoe's song All Who Are Thirsty kept running through my head. The verse he quotes from Rev.22:17 most struck me: If you are thirsty come! If you want life-giving water, come and take it. It's free! (Contemporary English Version) One would think that millions would be breaking their necks to get this water. Yet, we struggle along in our desert, content with saying, "I'm so thirsty", missing the free offering around us.

Father, I thank you for the rain today and the showers of blessing in my life. Help me to take bigger gulps, to drench myself, to stand under the fountain of your love.

No comments: