Thursday, July 07, 2005

At random

I got to keep the girls for a little while today. It was fun of course. Ella learned how to make the bottom portion of the recliner work and enjoyed reclining.
They jumped on my bed (don't know if that is permitted at home). Maddie loved watching the live Kathy Rigby version of Peter Pan--especially the flying scenes. She later came to me and said, "Nonnie, I want to fly." Don't we all? And I held baby Sam for a few minutes. What a long little bundle.

*************

Terrible tragedy in London. Westerners give concerts to raise money and concern for those dying in Africa. The terrorists bomb and kill people trying to disrupt the "8" conference where aid for poverty stricken people will be discussed. Music vs. Death?

*************

Nashville is beginning to look like Abilene. No appreciable rain in a long while--I don't like the look of dry and dying lawns and flowers. I've had too much of that in my life.

*************

I am excited to see a copy of the new Renovare Spiritual Formation Bible edited by such names as Richard Foster, Dallas Willard and Eugene Peterson. Reviews say it is too heavy to carry with over 2,000 pages. Some fault the inclusion of the Apocrypha--I think it will be the only Bible I have with that included. Hurry up, Amazon!

*************

No comments: