Saturday, January 15, 2005

She's baack!

Thanks to Brandon and Ryan Williamson, I am now back at the computer in Nashville!!!!And although there are hills and "hollers" between me and those who will read this, I trust it will get through o. k.

Four weeks ago today, the moving van deposited all my earthly possessions at my new house in Antioch. Talk about stress!! I can see why moving is listed among the most stressful occurences in life.

Thanks to several from Otter Creek who brought food and stayed to help unpack boxes(and most important--get my bed ready for sleep that night), I actually survived that day and those which followed. There have been many wonderful experiences in the last four weeks which I will share in the days to come, but of course the best is being so close to Brandon, Sheryl and the girls. Some days when I get up, I can hardly believe it. The week of Christmas, I got up Thursday and sat at my kitchen card table (I am getting a new dining table which will be delivered in February)and watched it snow between me and the forest behind my house--talk about beauty! Thank you God for the things of beauty you have created for us to enjoy.

Needless to say, I am missing all my friends and Highland, but telephones work here and provide the needed blessings when I start thinking of them. We have even had a Trilogy conference via the telephone. In a book that Darla Lorenz sent me, it says that friends are an earthly "seek-peek" of heaven. A mere short distance between us makes no difference--we are still joined in Him.

God, I am so thankful for the many ways you have worked in the last four weeks to make this move smooth and bring me close to my family. Please bless those I left behind with thankfulness for your blessings each passing hour.



No comments: