Thursday, January 20, 2005

The inauguration

I love days like this when our country shows off its unique system of government. Days when freedom shines out of the TV and almost overwhelms us--days when Washington D. C. shows it beautiful face to the world.

The speech was good, I thought--especially the line, "We cannot send the message of freedom while carrying the baggage of bigotry." Or something to that effect; I was having to listen to it on the radio while driving.It irritates me that country music and rock filled the air ways, and I had to search high and low for a station that was carrying the speech--One would think they could give up Marty Stuart for 17 minutes when it only happens once every four years. Finally found the National Public Radio Station. Thank you.

I thought Laura Bush looked expecially beautiful today. And Lynn Cheney's blue coat was nice.

God bless America, and help us to diminish the partisan politics in this term, so the senators and representatives can do what we sent them up there to do.

No comments: