Thursday, January 27, 2005

Simple pleasures

Isn't it ironic that the things that often give you pleasure are the simplest things? Today I am enjoying a new purple thick bath mat which pleasures my feet, a new red sweater which fits well and keeps me warm, two chocolate-covered peanuts (I know my friends are saying--she doesn't like chocolate, which is true--but I do like chocolate-covered peanuts!) Only two because of the blood sugar. And am enjoying that all of Brandon's roommates have now started a blog. I will try not to point out misspelled words, but just enjoy. Isn't there a magazine devoted to simple things? Haven't seen it, but must try.

I am certainly enjoying a new book called THE SIMPLE FAITH OF MR. ROGERS. Not too many people knew until he died that Fred Rogers was ordained by the Presbyterian church for ministering to children using television. And that he did more than we realize. The author is Amy Hollingsworth--Integrity Publishing. I am also reading Grisham's new novel THE BROKER (why read one book when you can read two--or in my case three going now). I have liked the first two chapters.

Have a simply fantastic day!

No comments: