Monday, January 31, 2005

Mea culpa

What was I thinking yesterday when I wrote of Otter's lack of a worship committee?????Who needs a committee when you have Brandon Scott Thomas??? He has a gift for designing services which speak to all and to the topic of the day--just the right words in a song, just the right scripture, etc. Never would I want to intimate that Otter's worship was in need of help, never.

It is, however, beyond the edges of my amazement that a church like Highland with the best minister, the most inovative programs, etc. would not have a trained, charismatic worship leader. There are of course men who lead worship well--but that is a bare minimum of what the worship leader does. He sets the tone, he or she engages, he or she plans carefully, he or she rehearses the team longer than ten minutes before worship, he or she does a thousand more things which work for
a truly momentous time of worship. That is what the worship committee there partially works at doing.

I guess when I wrote yesterday, I was missing the dedicated people on the committee who prayerfully work each Monday to make the next Sunday better--and the Spirit visits the plans more often than not.

No comments: