Tuesday, January 18, 2005

Thank you, God

In keeping with one of my new resolutions, I must thank God for his blessings on the Highland kids--all of whom seem to be improving and recovering. But we must continue to pray for their emotional health--it is not easy to witness the death of a friend at that tender age. And I do hope the Bourlands feel the thousands of prayers which are being lifted up for them. May God be holding them in his hands as they weep and tell Brody goodbye tomorrow.

I am currently reading a wonderful book The Rock That is Higher by Madeleine L'Engle. It is one of her older books published in 1993, but reissued in 2002. The whole book is about story and its relation to all portions of our lives. She has to be one of my all-time favorite writers. I really don't care for her adult fiction, but the children's and religious work are magnificent. She is now in quite fragile health and will probably not write any more--what a loss.

The sun has come out today--but it is still 24 degrees for the high. Brrrr

No comments: