Tuesday, January 25, 2005

From the lips of babes....

I have been off for several days babysitting and straightening out a fiasco with DSL....

The babysitting went well, because there were two of us. Kim (Kiki), Sheryl's cousin and I collaborated. I don't know how single parents manage--expecially when their children are toddlers. It takes two or more. Saturday night as I was putting the girls down, I finished the book (the girls are both loving the old Rachel Fields'
Prayer for a Child. Maddie can "read" every word, and Ella often stops to sit and look and muse.) As I tried to lay Ella down, she began crying profusely and saying,
"I pay, I pay, I pay." It took me a while to figure out DUH that she was saying, "I pray, I pray, I pray." So we prayed, and she went right to sleep.


Thank you God for children who want to pray and the adults who teach them to love it.

No comments: