Saturday, January 29, 2005

Reading time

It is so nice to have time to read these days--those of us who have gone down the rabbit hole, visited Mr. McGregor's garden, know Jo and Laurie, and all of John Grisham's lawyers know how bleak our lives would have been without reading and the new worlds it opened. Story is a brief moment of coming together, a shared moment of time when we enter the world of the mind with others who also open the doors of their heart.

Where would we be without those memories conjured up in book I still might be in the small West Texas town where I grew up, were it not for reading and the enlargement of mind it gave me. It is true that reading empowers us beyond what we could ever do, think or dream ourselves.

Now I must go finish my book. By the way, I am so glad Grisham has pushed the Da Vinci Code off #1 on the best-sellers list. I do not think his books will ever become classics, but they are entertaining.

No comments: