Monday, March 28, 2005

Which one is the salt?

On holidays, I often pour salt and pepper into decorative shakers--Easter rabbits, Mr. and Mrs. Santa, Mr. and Mrs. Pilgrim, etc. So when we are sitting at the table, the question often comes, "Which one is the salt?"

"You are the salt of the earth. But if the salt loses it's saltiness, how can it be made salty again? It is not longer good for anything, except to be thrown out and trampled by men." Matt. 5:13

I once heard Rick Atchley say, "When we show up, the kingdom of God ought to show up too."

On this day after Easter, I was thinking about what comes next after celebration.
Whether I am in church, at play, in a store, or in any social situation, I don't want anyone to say, "Which one is the salt?" I want my saltiness given by God to be obvious in my actions, life-style and conversation.

Lord, I pray that I be so attentive to the needs of others and to God's wishes for my life that my saltiness shows.

No comments: