Friday, March 25, 2005

The men in my life

Sam Thomas was the God-sent love of my life. There other men in my 67 years of living whom I value, respect, and treasure affectionately (some are still living; some are not):

W. L. FLETCHER, JR., the father of my best friend in Hamlin. He was an elder, a kind, wise and gentle man. My major professor at ACU, DR. JAMES CULP, a brilliant, funny, and wonderful teacher. HAROLD LIPFORD, the husband of Jeanette Lipford, both strong and faithful friends through good and bad times. MORGAN PHILLIPS, DAVE JONES, and DON ROGERS, all Sam's teaching buddies whose lives have blessed me in so many different ways.

MIKE COPE--he and his family are entwined with ours, but I value his charm, intellect, soft and open heart. And last but foremost--RONNIE LORENZ, possibly the sweetest man I have ever known. Always willing to help, always ready to listen; a rock for me in many difficult times and a joy for me always.

Then there are those I love with a motherly love as well: CRAIG FISHER, STEPHEN BAILEY, and CHRIS DOGGETT (Brandon's college roommates), JASON MCARTHUR, VAL DURRINGTON, PAUL PHILLIPS and RYAN PORCHE--all of whom I would be glad to adopt as my sons.

There so many others who have enriched and blessed my life: ROLAND ORR, JOE SHARP, MARK LEWIS, GRADY JOLLY, DARRYL TIPPENS, STEVE WEATHERS. I do hope I will be forgiven if I have overlooked someone.

I must end with the major man in my life today. The cute, red-haired sweetie (think of Maddie with short hair) who grew up to be a strong, faithful, God-loving, articulate, sensitive man gifted in so many ways. Every mother should have a son
like Brandon Scott Thomas. I thank God for him everyday.

No comments: