Thursday, September 16, 2004

Movies--Drama

There is nothing more relaxing than sitting in a darkened, cool movie theater eating popcorn and watching excellent actors put meat on well-written plot. Time does not exist. It is much the same experience as reading a great novel you cannot put down. --------------The Postman Always Rings Twice rang my bell in my early teens. The black and white version ( there was a later color remake) made the dark plot even darker. I would have to rate To Kill A Mockingbird as my favorite movie drama (one of the few outstanding books made into an outstanding motion picture.) ---------- Others I enjoyed include The Way We Were (Robert Redford!) Chariots of Fire , Little Women, Antone Fisher, The Sting, and Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid (both Redford and Newman!). I used to have a poster of Robert Redford in my office as Madison Middle School. Wonder what ever happened to that???

No comments: