Monday, September 20, 2004

Laity Lodge

"I lift up my eyes to the hills ----where does my help come from? My help comes from the Lord.....He will not let your foot slip....he watches over you...The Lord is your shade at your right hand...The Lord will keep you from all harm---he will watch over your life....both now and forevermore. Psalm 121 I was fortunate to attend a weekend retreat at Laity Lodge near Leakey---A most beautiful place surrounded by rock hills, the Frio River and beautiful vegetation. What a glorious place! My sister-in-law and her husband lived in many towns around it, but eventually wound up in Pasadena, Texas. Had I the choice, I would never leave the hill country. God always seems nearer in such a setting, and one is certainly convinced of His creative abilities there too. Our stay was relaxing, refreshing, and intellectually stimulating. Fred Aquino outdid himself. There were old friends there I hadn't seen since ACU days. Thanks to the Howard E. Butt family who spent much of their fortune creating the Lodge and the HEB Encampment. And to God who filled my cup to overflowing this weekend.

No comments: