Monday, July 02, 2007

Things

I have a little plaque in my bathroom which says, "The best things are not things." And that is so true--the intangibles are what really make life full and rich. For me recently, some of these things are:

Meeting someone new and discovering that we have mutual friends and love them

A call from #1 son just to talk


Watching movies we both like with a new friend


Attending Sunday classes and finding one that really speaks to my soul


Noting Sheryl holding Sam and seeing that their hair is absolutely the same raspberry-honey blonde color



Anticipating the new Zoe recording



Hearing that wonderful "bulfroggy" cicada sound of a southern night



Having long-legged Maddie curl up in my lap for a few "I love you's"

Learning how to make an Orange Julius at home


As Melodie Beattie wrote, "Each moment in time we have it all, even if we think we don't."













No comments: