Thursday, July 05, 2007

Happy Birthday, Maddie

I can't believe Maddie is 6 today. See Brandon's blog for pictures of this beautiful girl. Her birth was such an exciting gift. I couldn't wait to get to Nashville to hold her--now I can hold her any time. What a blessing!

I think Maddie and I share a special feeling--that may be the way it is with first grandchildren. I am totally unprejudiced when it comes to reciting her many gifts besides her beauty. I do think she is going to be in the arts some way, as she has that predilection.....When she asks me to draw something, I am at a total loss, but she always compliments me on whatever I have drawn. The last time I babysat at night, we were looking at the book Tails which has a beautiful picture of a peacock in full regalia. I later came back to the room, and she had drawn a gorgeous replication of the picture on the Etch-A-Sketch. I wish it had been on paper--I would like to have kept it. She seems to have a gift for the piano (again another area in which I do not shine). She played me a few bars of "Ode to Joy" which she just picked out by ear by herself. She is thoughtful in an abstract way that most 6-year-olds are not. I look forward to her development.

She is my princess.

No comments: