Sunday, July 08, 2007

Lipscomb Lectures

I spent most of the past week at the Lipscomb Lectures a.k.a.
Summer Celebration.

Two things struck me:

First, how small it was in comparison with the ACU lectures; hence, fewer choices for listening.

Two, the quality of the selections was excellent for the most part. I got to hear Randy Harris who is one of my favorite motivators and Rhonda Lowry for whom I have the greatest respect as a presenter and God's woman.

Jerry Rushford's presentation on the pioneers who braved the Oregon trail to go to the Northwest was astounding.
Full of old letters and journals, funny stories, and great faith. It made me think about my passion for trying to persuade folks to write their spiritual autobiographies--they not only later inspire family, but perhaps a whole lectureship. What a treasure we have in those who have gone before us--if we only knew them.
Thanks to Jerry, thousands in the Northwest are learning about their forefathers and foremothers.

No comments: