Wednesday, April 20, 2005

Organized and orderly

"Life is too complicated not to be orderly." Martha Stewart (who else?)

Spring cleaning time has arrived. Davis Kidd bookstore has displays of books about how to clean and organize and how to live a life of simplicity. One of the best titles was How Can I Help Others If I Cannot Find My Keys?

I am drawn to these books, but not always to their content. Writers in this genre seem to enjoy either making their pronouncements too easy--as if they were writing to dummies; or they enjoy giving formulas for cleaning products which would strain the most experienced chemist. I prefer to buy Windex and Pledge.

The best advice I ever read on the subject was "When you take something new into your house, cabinet or closet, ALWAYS take something old out."

Now if I could just do it.

No comments: