Thursday, April 28, 2005

The mystery of it all

It is a very rainy day in Nashville. Time to finish that mystery I have been reading.

Someone once said, "The woman who gave me the most pleasure in bed was Agatha Christie."

I have been reading mysteries since the Hardy Boys hit the shelves in my middle school. I liked them better than Nancy Drew who seemed a sort of elitist prude--although I read all of her books too.

Is it true that intellectual people like mysteries, and that others are bored by them? Perhaps. As an adult I have read all of Sue Grafton's alphabet mysteries "R
is for Ricochet" being the last one. All of Margaret Truman's mysteries set in Washington D. C. All of the books about the forensic scientist (can't remember the author's name) which really looked forward to C. S. I. ( I watch that too.) And of course, all of John Grisham. These authors cannot write books quickly enough for me.

I am currently reading Slaying is Such Sweet Sorrow by Patricia Harwin( about a librarian amateur detective)--gift of my friend Nancy Hutchinson who passed it on.

Must go now and see who-done it.

No comments: