Friday, April 15, 2005

Looking forward

It is fun to think ahead about the future of Maddie and Ella.

These days, Maddie is intent on being either a princess or a ballerina. She is so "girly"--I can easily see her in a tutu on a stage doing Swan Lake. Ella is enthralled with babies; I am sure she is headed toward rearing a wonderful family. She is much more athletic and tough than Maddie, so I am certain she will kick a few soccer balls and mud-wrestle along the way.

As I babysat with the girls last weekend, I did see other possibilities for the future. Ella (age 2) is a storyteller. A lot of her stories are in German or Polish, but the gestures, faces and stage presence foretell a future in the theater. Maddie (age 3)is an artist like her mother and grandfather Poppy. Her recent picture of a rainbow was the talk of the teacher's lounge at pre-school. When she colors or paints, she does not use the colors one would expect, but artfully sets color against color to create a unique effect pleasing to the eye. Pretty good for a 3-year-old.

One thing I do know for sure, they will be women of God thanks to their mom and dad.

No comments: