Monday, February 07, 2005

Night

I am gradually making my way around Nashville, learning which streets to avoid at 5:00 and all the time. Nashville has streets which change their name several times and that makes the Nashville novice nervous. I am also finding it more difficult to drive at night because many of the streets do not have shoulders--even in residential areas, and I am afraid of slipping off into the deep cavern on the side of the road. I have read that one of the traits of elderly drivers is that he/she hugs the yellow line--I guess I have just joined that class. Only Brandon knows how much of a big deal it is for me to even attempt driving in such a big city.

In the words of a prayer in the New Zealand Prayer Book: The night heralds the dawn. Let us look expectantly to a new day, new joys, new possibilities--and that I do. Thank you Lord.

No comments: