Saturday, February 26, 2005

Conclusion of List 4--Inspiration and Spirituality

Blaise Pascal wrote about a God-shaped vacuum in the heart of every person. These books have helped me see God more fully as I invite him into that vacuum.

Nouwen, Henri. CAN YOU DRINK THIS CUP?
THE RETURN OF THE PRODIGAL SON
BEHOLD THE BEAUTY OF THE LORD--helped me understand the true meaning
of icons
BREAD FOR THE JOURNEY

Osborne, Carroll. ESSAYS ON WOMEN IN EARLIEST CHRISTIANITY

Rupp, Joyce. THE CUP OF OUR LIFE

Smalley, Gary. THE BLESSING

Teresa, Mother. WORDS TO LIVE BY

Thompson, Marjorie. COMPANIONS IN CHRIST--a workbook published by the Upper Room and
very helpful in spiritual formation groups
SOUL FEAST--my favorite book on spiritual formation

Many of these books would be wonderful for study in small groups (especially spiritual formation groups). My group Trilogy shared many of them in our 10 years together, and we were nourished by their content.

No comments: