Tuesday, February 08, 2005

Eye-candy

Another comment about driving in Nashville--it is so much fun for me to see the beautiful trees (yes, even in their winter drab), the "mountains" clad in fog, and the twinkling city lights from one vantage point on Pettus Road.

Although there is no leisure in driving here because of the ditches and the curves, I enjoy seeing old mansions--I have never seen so many houses with columns!, the rock fences lining the road (some say they were built by slaves; others write that Irish immigrants built them),and the exquisite mansions on Concord Road (Who lives in a house with four stories?). There is one house on Concord Road which looks like it was lifted out of the English countryside and brought here piece by piece--a true English manor. Then there is the house on Granny White Pike which has several add-ons, one resembling a castle tower and right below the tower is what must have been the old kitchen for the plantation--a separate little rock structure ( or it could be the pump house for the water well?). At any rate, my archetectural interests are whetted every day.

Man's creativity in building a habitation knows no bounds here---just like the habitation God has built for us is indescribable.

P. S. Thanks, "tine" for your comments--I will try to drop in a list of favorite books here and there--certainly one of my favorite things to do. By the way, you are one of the best actresses I ever saw at ACU (and I saw a bunch!).

No comments: