Friday, February 18, 2005

Favorites #3

Red Smith once wrote, "There is nothing to writing. All you do is sit down at a typewriter (computer) and open a vein." For years, writing has been one of my most pleasurable activities. I enjoyed writing my lessons I would teach; then I wrote many speeches given to workshops, conventions, etc.; a couple of years ago, I wrote a book about how to write a spiritual autobiography; and now the blog continuum. Here is a list of my favorite books about writing:

WRITING

Coles, Robert. THE CALL OF STORIES--a must!

Heard, Georgia. WRITING TOWARD HOME

Lyon, George Ella. WHERE I'M FROM

Lamott, Anne. BIRD BY BIRD--another must

Stanek, Lou Willett. WRITING YOUR LIFE

Welty, Eudora. ONE WRITER'S BEGINNINGS

We are headed to Abilene tomorrow. I will be otherwise occupied until Thursday. Have a happy week!

No comments: