Monday, November 29, 2004

Moving on

I am getting to the point in looking at things in closets and trying to decide whether to move them to Nashville that I just want to throw all of it away. So my first New Year's resolution is to clean out closets every January and weed, weed, weed (in librarian's terminology).

I don't know what has happened to me--I was known in the AISD as the world champion weeder of libraries. It did not bother me to throw an old book in the trash, especially one that said, "When we go to the moon...." or one with racist illustrations or one that was falling apart and had not been checked out in 10 years.

But here I am with closets full of memorabilia, pictures, cassette tapes, old records ( I don't even have a record player!) unread magazines, and just plain old trash. REPEAT AFTER ME, I WILL NOT BUILD BIGGER BARNS, I WILL NOT BUILD BIGGER BARNS, I WILL NOT BUILD BIGGER BARNS.

No comments: