Saturday, November 20, 2004

Hallelujah! March On!

I think it was Mother Teresa who said, "Thank you God for all the things I do not have." My tune today is, "Thank you God for the things I no longer have." Looking over a garage full of "sale items" gives one a new definition of materialism. Tables full of things I no longer want or need bring to mind the man who built bigger barns.

So glad the garage sale is over; the tables are down and everything is tidy in my garage. A wonderful moment today came when I called the Salvation Army to come get what was left. Thanks to God, a truck came this afternoon, loaded the leftovers and took them all away. The men who came couldn't have been nicer, loading things quickly, saying the money used at the thrift house helped the homeless and then they left saying, "God bless you."

Having known a family helped by the organization this year, I can do nothing but sing the praises of the Army and wish them more marching time and God's blessing on them. I highly recommend support of their endeavors and pray for their continued concern for people we sweep into the gutters.

No comments: