Saturday, November 06, 2004

God's Poiema

"For we are God's workmanship, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do." Eph. 2:10

"...God says to us in Ephesians that "we are his workmanship"--his work of art.
Another translation: We are his poiema--his very own handwritten Shakespearen sonnet. You're made in the image of the God who can take disjointed words and make beautiful lyrics out of your life...." Joy Sawyer, The Art of the Soul.

Isn't it nice to know that we are a poem written by God for the good of others?
Do we live up to the Creator's goal in making us? I so want my poem to be a classic like Emily Dickinson's, and not a Shel Silverstein poem. I want my poem to mean something to those I love and to those I serve. I want my poem to be included in the unabridged version of "The Great Cloud of Witnesses" when I am gone.

Father, help me to live my poem to your expectations and show me grace when I fail.

No comments: