Saturday, November 13, 2004

The fruitful season

When my brothers and I were young, most of what we got in our stockings was fruit, nuts and candy. I guess that is why I go way overboard stuffing stockings now.

It is the season for Clementine oranges--wonderful round delights--easy to peel, no seeds and luscious. If you haven't tried them, break open your wallet and buy a box. Here they are 3.99 a box for about 20 oranges( on sale). Not a bad deal for a healthy snack.

On Nov. 1, Christmas cds go in the player and Christmas tapes go in the car to be enjoyed until Dec. 26. And even then some of the George Winston cds can go through January.

I guess you could say the Thomases are Christmas people--love the season, the weather, the stores, the music, the decorations, the gifts, etc.

Father, we celebrate your Son every day of our lives. Thank you for opening our eyes to the fact that it o. k. to celebrate his birth with the rest of the world on Christmas Day.

No comments: