Saturday, August 28, 2004

The beginning of last times

This has been a week of attending things for the last time before I move: The opening ceremonies at ACU described earlier and last night the last ACU dinner theater I will see for a while. For the past 30 years, I have been entertained, moved to tears, laughed my head off and thoroughly enjoyed the plays and musicals at ACU. Last night with Barefoot in the Park capped it all. I will never see Adam Hester again without expecting a faux Parisan accent and a Maurice Chevalier throaty laugh. Brandon was 8 when he appeared in his first musical The Music Man at ACU. In the days he was playing, we attended all the rehearsals, all the performances we could---we almost became roadies. It was so much fun! Thank you Adam and Donna for putting up with the Thomas family and for all the wonderful times you gave us. May God bless your ministry as you "change the world" with the "disciplined theatre artists" you have trained.

No comments: