Tuesday, August 17, 2004

To keep or not to keep

I have decided to start packing for Tennessee by emptying my book cases--simple enough task, one would think--just put a book in a box. For a bibliophile like me, the task is not so simple.-----Which book to keep? Which book to give to the Public Library book sale? Which book to give to the ACU juvenile collection? Which book to keep to read to Maddie and Ella? Why did I buy this book? Will I ever read it?-----This book was my first gift book from Sam (An Anthology of Famous American Short Stories) This one our Trilogy group read and loved. This one I just wanted because of its leather binding and the way it feels in my hand.-----I can't get rid of the Jan Karon books; I might read them again. What about the John Grishams and the Sue Grafton mysteries? I love them too. -----Will I ever use my children's literature reference books again? Will I ever teach Tomie dePaola again? What to do with all the young adult novels? Will I ever teach that again? Yes, I know I have 20 books on spiritual formation--but I need them; I might want to read them again.------You see my dilemma-----After one week of looking at the shelves, I hve packed 1/2 box. Oh, well, I have 'till December--O, the Christmas books--I must keep them....

No comments: