Friday, November 23, 2007

Still thankful

I am still thankful on this day after Thanksgiving--the meal was wonderful, if I do say so myself--Sheryl brought my favorite green bean casserole and some sweet potatoes. We ate and talked, and talked and then all went to see the new Disney movie Enchanted.



I recommend this movie for the whole family, although there were some scary parts (the old witch turns into a very scary dragon) (by the way, Susan Sarandon is a hoot at the stepmother and witch). The story line is fun--taken from so many fairy tales, it was interesting to sort them out with Maddie and Ella. Sam was transfixed with the action. I don't know how, but we ate popcorn and cokes and candy even though we were full. The Thomas family thinks a movie is not a movie without popcorn, candy and Coke. There were also references in the movie to other things like a King Kong sequence.



Yesterday was my 45th wedding anniversary--doesn't seem possible that it was that long ago. I haven't changed that much! Kennedy died on our first anniversary. I shall never forget the superintendent coming in and saying that school was closing and would not meet the next day because of the tragedy. That was one sad time when TV proved its mettle and helped millions grieve.

No, I am not one of those crazy people who get up at dawn or before and go shopping on Black Friday. You couldn't pay me to do it. Happy bargains to all who do.

No comments: