Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Fall color

How can one not believe in God the creator when viewing the blazing leaves of autumn? Shakespeare writes about "teeming autumn, big with rich increase". Drivers can see this big autumn now in Nashville where the trees just this week have literally burst with color. Absolutely my favorite time of year!

Another writer writes about the "spendthrift gold" of the leaves. My favorites are the bright reds of the oaks and maples. I want a yard full of them. When I left Potosi, I had to leave a red oak which every October lit the whole yard with its changes that seemed to move from inside the tree to the outside leaves. I loved to sit and watch it.

Thanks you God for your creation for us lowly humans whose eyes often miss the glory of your art.

No comments: