Tuesday, August 23, 2011

School days

I get restless and emotional these last few days of August because schools have always been a part of my life, and I treasure my time as a teacher-librarian.

I loved going to school with the kids on the first day at Sam Thomas Elementary.  There is actually a front page story and very nice picture of Sheryl and Sam in the Reporter-News today.  I loved watching the kids interact with the principal ( who stood at the front door and greeted every family unit); and seeing the wide-eyed wonder of the of both the parents and the kindergarten children (didn't see any tears); I loved absorbing the atmosphere of the clean school and the future days of promise; and, I must admit, I missed being a part of it--  NOT ENOUGH TO GO BACK TO IT THOUGH!

August-September have always been new beginning months for the Thomas family, and this year especially with new job, new school, new community.  I pray it may be a wonderful one for us and all the others who know what an opportunity a new year brings.

I can't wait to hear what the kids bring from school about what they are learning and seeing, just as I look forward to seeing how the new year shapes Brandon and Sheryl.

May God bless us all as we strive to take Him into our days and months.

No comments: