Saturday, August 13, 2011

Luxuriating

Henry Miller said, "We should read to give our souls a chance to luxuriate."
I so agree!!! Been doing that this morning on my porch in the cool weather (caused by rain last night!) reading Victoria Magazine--my very favorite of the many mags I take.  Gorgeous pictures, good writing from the artist in residence, rich recipies--it takes a while to read and absorb.

Going to see the movie The Help today--can't wait!

Spent a nice evening last night with Denice Emery, an old friend.  We reminisced about out mutual friend Vicky Smith who died in February.  We miss her so much--Abilene is diminished by her absence.

I've been listening in the car the The Pastor, a memoir of Eugene Peterson.  It is excellent as usual.  I hope to share it with some of my favorite pastors.  Peterson remains my very favorite spiritual writer.

No comments: