Friday, August 12, 2011

I'm Baaaack!

It is ages since the last blog---several people have been asking when I plan to write again.  I really have not been inspired--still processing that I am here in Abilene again.  I have not closed on the house yet--so looong.
Yet hopeful soon.

We had 5 minutes of rain yesterday--nothing to brag about, but I saw children playing in the run-off with little boats.  It was the first wet stuff since Easter--we are burning up!!

I have joined Hendrick Health Club desptite all the protests of my body.  I realize I really need it to stay active, although I prefer to sit in my chair and read a good book.

Just finished Unbroken by Laura Hillenbrand; slow start, but riviting to the end.  It is a book men would enjoy too--all about WWII , B29's and Japanese prison of war camps.

I hope to see The Help this weekend.  The book was a favorite of our book club.  I am anxious to see how it has translated to the big screen.

I will try to write more now that I have begun again....

No comments: