Monday, August 14, 2006

Sunday, Sunday

Taking the trash out yesterday,I stepped out the door into a perfect William Faulkner morning-
the humidity was so drippy I felt wet; the atmosphere was foggy, cicadas were singing, all I needed was moss hanging from my crepe myrtle! I loved it....it is so nice to be a Southerner.

We had the pleasure of attending Maddie and Ella's dance recital later in the afternoon at New Song Church in Cool Springs. I was very impressed by my first look at this church--It is obviously a church that celebrates God's gift of the arts--there were even wire sculptures on our tables. Imagine, art in a church....It was Celebrate Seniors Day at the church and I was one of the honored guests, even though nobody there knew me. Waited on hand and foot by the church's youth group (my waitress was named Judea) we were served drinks and food and later received a red rose. And of course, the dance recital was dedicated to us (the dance teacher is a member there). Intersperced with recital offerings, several of the young people sang and played songs that my generation enjoyed (mostly swing and other songs from WWII). Afterward, older couples were invited to dance on the cleared floor to those old tunes. We all felt throoughly welcomed. How long has it been since you honored the Seniors at your church?

The recital was wonderful; Maddie and Ella were cute sprites dancing to Over the Rainbow, etc.

And a fine time was had by all.

No comments: