Thursday, August 17, 2006

Movies I really liked

After yesterday's post, Drew Battistelli asked for suggestions of movies I really like. I recently saw "You've Got Mail" again. I had forgotten how much I liked that one. Probably because some of it is set in bookstores.

Although "The Devil Wears Prade" is not billed as a funny movie, it was; and I really like it too. Meryle Streep is an amazing actress.

However, these may be both be considered "chick movies"? The truth is, there seem to be longer and longer spells between movies I like and movies I don't. Where are all those good writers out there?

We were treated last night to a reader's theater presentation about the life of Diedrich Bonhoffer called The Cost and written by Jonathan Wade. It was very good. Why has a movie not been made about his life--what a story! Oh, I know, he was a Lutheran pastor.

No comments: