Tuesday, August 29, 2006

Playing Catch Up

Because of reading restrictions etc. I am behind in several things:

For Phil, my review of Phil Keaggy:

I loved every minute of his concert--After all, I matured in the 50's and 60's. He is so talented and humble. I was amazed at his ability to do several things at once with his guitar and accompaning technology. It was hard to tell if he and his friends were really playing tunes or just jamming. They looked like they were having lots of fun. "Here Comes the Sun" was my favorite of the evening. Can't wait until next year.

Sandy Collins and I are teaching a class on Ecclesiastes this fall, beginning Sept. 3. If anyone out there knows of some good resources for the class, let me know by replying here or to my e-mail Judythomasj@aol.com. We have found some good things, but my mode of operation is to find everything I can possibly find on a subject I am teaching. It is going to be enlightening for us and the class. I have least learned to spell Ecclesiastes.

My son's adventures at the theatre this weekend were hysterical to say the least. I don't know of any other person who can get himself in so many ambarrassing situations and come out of them laughing. I will say, he is more like his father than his mother! My Sam would still be laughing.

I saw World Trade Center yesterday. I can't say I enjoyed it--but is was striking to see the circumstances in film. So wrenching, and so still unbelievable. That is another day I will never forget along with the deaths of JFK, Bobby K., MLK, and man walking on the moon. Nicholas Cage does a good job and the young Hispanic actor an even better one. Lest we forget...

Regarding Brandon's blog of the past few days, It is so heart-warming for me to watch BST and Sheryl model and teach sharing and caring for the poor to the girls. I am glad the girls are getting to see that not everyone has a playroom full of toys and a nice cool house with all the needed amenities. We are all too blase about the wonderful blessings we have.

No comments: