Thursday, November 13, 2008

Whew!

Whew! This has been the busiest week I have had in a long time. My suitcases from this past weekend are still out, I haven't read the paper in three days, and the dishwasher needs emptying so I can have utensils to eat my yummy Sheryl soup with. I don't like that kind of pace--reminds me of life before "retirement".

Our book club discussed To Kill A Mockingbird today--it was our choice of a "classic" this year. It is a book that gets better each time one reads it--Harper was so spot on (I hate that term) with her southern culture, and so wonderful at character development. I must watch the film when things slow down.

I am feeling very virtuous--began Christmas shopping this afternoon--a full five weeks before I usually do. I am aiming for a sane, slower advance to the holiday with packages wrapped soon after they are bought leaving time to watch Christmas specials on TV, enjoy the music and watch all those other people who are dashing around like headless chickens. We shall see.



No comments: