Thursday, November 06, 2008

Opportunity, opportunity, opportunity.

I don't think there is a more hopeful word than opportunity. And that, dear friends, is what we have for the next four years--opportunities to change the motion of this country;opportunities to change the attitude of this country toward immigrants and toward the countries who used to be our allies which we have successfully run off; opportunities to work together to make our country stronger, healthier, more focused on sharing than greed; opportunities to herald bipartisan cooperation and truly make the Congress work; opportunities for the Great Society that LBJ envisioned in which we all are truly equal; and the opportunity to once again lead the world to peace. Can it be done? I pray that it will be.

I believe our next great adventure should be implementing term limits in the Congress.

I have been off line for the last seven days--computer trouble--felt like I lost my left leg!

It is an historic time and one I am glad I lived to see it. The interviews of those who participated in the Civil Rights marches have been poignant and inspiring. I loved Pres. Obama's tale about the 106 year old woman.

Perhaps one of the things which we will see come out of this is an articulate and motivating President.

No comments: