Tuesday, October 02, 2007

The West Wing

In the past few days, I have spent about 24 hours viewing the last season of West Wing. I didn't get to see any of it because it was switched to Wednesday night.

Oh, how I miss that show--elegant writing, witty conversation, good acting, beautiful pictures of D. C., well-chosen music and Democrats--Wow!

Why did it have to leave so that viewers could watch "My Name is Earl", "Big Brother" and "Two Men and a Boy" ? I will never figure out the American viewing public. Talk about replacing glitz with trash!

Government never was easy on the show, and I guess those who viewed it got an inside look at why things sometimes don't work. And at how those we elect can quickly forget those who elected them to pursue personal gain both in prestige and money. I am really sorry that the government that was forged in our early days has come to the impass it has. I know it is not what was previewed in the Constitution, nor by the planners. I only hope some charismatic, progressive, selfless leader can somehow bring us out of our malaise.

And who is that? Wish I could vote for Jed Bartlett or Matt Santos.

No comments: