Thursday, October 25, 2007

Current Stupidity

When I read that one in every twelve students in school in Tennessee go to school hungry, I just had to turn the TV advertisements from fast food places off! All that stuff about supersizing in a culture where children are hungry-- give me a break.

I am tired of the presidental campaign and all the banal stories journalists have come up with to fill space. It's too long, and too boring. Let's just vote next week and get it over with.

One of the members of my ladies' class was lamenting about how pricey and difficult it is to live in Nashville. And how that folks think that she and her family is strange just because they want to spend the weekend together hiking instead of going to see movies or Hannah Montana. Back to nature, I say--where we can hike, gather around a campfire (love that smell) and roast weiners and marshmallows and not spend much money enjoying it. This world that expects a different expensive thrill every night is just too stupid for my taste!

No comments: