Thursday, May 25, 2006

Books

I thought I had seen everything about the DiVinci Code, but this takes the cake: On the front of one of those magazines at the grocery store check out==Lose weight on the Divinci Code diet. My aren't we anxious to cash in on the craze?

Owen, you would love meeting Gary Paulsen. I have heard him speak several times--he is a character. If you can find it, read Wintersong and Nightjohn.

Kay Wilson, thanks for the letter--a real letter! Yes, those orange books were the Childhood of Young Americans series. They were probably the most read and beloved of all the biographies on the children's shelf. I actually remember when third grade teachers always had a biography unit and assigned their kids to read one.

On the librarian's dialogue place, The Little House Series seems to be the series that won the most hearts. And for poetry--Robert Louis Stevenson's A Child's Garden of Verses--once available in a Little Golden book for 19 cents.

No comments: