Saturday, December 24, 2005

Overflow

We have had so many good experiences the past few days, it is hard to say which was best: The Otter Christmas Concert, the Rockettes, or driving around Nashville looking at the amazing lights with friends and relatives. All of it was a treat! Thank you God for good memorable times with the people we love.

God is great and worth a thousand Hallelujahs! Ps. 96:4 The Message.

Indeed, ten thousand hallelujahs! If you have not read or heard Amazing Peace, A Christmas Poem by Maya Angelou, please get one. It is only $9.95 and a great stocking stuffer. As always, Angelou brings a lump to my throat as I read. The last verse:

"We, Angels and Mortals, Believers and Nonbelievers,
Look heavenward and speak the word aloud.
Peace. We look at our world and speak the word aloud.
Peace. We look at each other, then into ourselves,
And we say without shyness or apology or hesitation:

Peace, my brother.
Peace, my sister.
Peace, my Soul.

No comments: