Monday, October 11, 2004

Reunions

"They will enter Zion with singing; everlasting joy will crown their heads...."

Out of the blue, one of my college roommates called and said she was in town and wanted to come by. I have not seen her in 35 years--what a joy to see her again.
And I must say that we have both held up quite well. Vivian Davis Moore and her husband Jim and his singing partner are employed by the Mehtodist Church to give retreats, youth meetings, etc. They sing, play and talk of their faith. Jim and his partner (Tom, I think) began as "Dust and Ashes." I don't know if they retain that name or not. They live in Washington amid all that beauty. I may never see her again, but we will sing together in heaven in even greater beauty.

Thanks you Lord for the prospect of our heavenly reunion with you, Jesus, the angels and all our loved ones who have gone before.

No comments: