Saturday, October 09, 2004

Once upon a time

Yesterday, as a heavy fog was burning off, I looked outside and saw a setting for a fairy tale. The aura outside was bright, but still hazy, giving the scene an ethereal feel. It felt as if I could walk right into a magic woods and see things I have never seen before like Sleeping Beauty or Alice. It truly was a once-upon-a-time feeling.

Thom Lemmons has called the phrase "once upon a time" an incarnation. Just think of the delicious feeling you got as a child when you heard those words. Wouldn't it be nice if adults could have those feelings every now and then? Unfortunately our acceptance of awe and astonishment usually stops about fourth grade. I had the same feeling as I sat in Woodmont Hills at the Zoe Conference listening to 1,200 worship leaders, praise team members and others who loved worship give praise to God. It was a touch of eternity--a true incarnation of our love to the Father.

Father help me to take that incarnation to services tomorrow and offer it up
to you.

No comments: