Monday, October 18, 2004

The mystery of eternal optimism

I really had fun with the Mothers of Preschoolers (MOPS) today. What a neat way to spend a Monday a month. I enjoyed their enthusiasm, their questions, and their breakfast buffet. It is so much fun to read to an audience and have them enjoy it.And I always enjoy indoctrinating a new roup And I always enjoy indoctrinating a new group about the pleasures of reading aloud. Thanks MOPS for the morning--it made my day.

When I leave a group like MOPS, I have great hopes for the future of our weary world--fifty young women with one or two or more babies taking time to come and hear about being better mothers and time for communal sharing with others in the same boat. Their crafts activity for the month is to ship boxes of materials to children all over the world through Franklin Graham's Samaritan Purse project--I don't know what is in the boxes (maybe socks, toothpaste, a toy, an envelope with $5, etc.), but I wish they could also send their hopes for peace and love to the children as well. If the mothers of the world ran the world, I believe we would have far less strife and fighting--you see, we don't wish to see our babies hurt, suffering or starving.

"Peacemakers who sow in peace raise a harvest of righteousness." James 3:18

No comments: