Saturday, July 31, 2004

Revising layers

"I love revising, but I don't think of it as rewriting. I see it as layering. I keep adding layers to my book, each time concentrating on a different area such as characters, plot, description, etc." Ben Mikaelsen Thinking of revision again and reading Mikaelsen's quote--it struck me that perhaps this is the way God "revises" me---working on one layer at a time. Yesterday there was this layer of "I have so many importnant things to do!" Then I woke up sick as a dog (what a strange expression). My day was spent in the recliner, sitting very still, drinking Sprite and eating crackers. All those important things went on without me, and by 4:00 I was feeling well enough to read some pages in a good book.-----Thank you Lord for attacking my layer of self-importance and self-imposed busyness. Help me to know that I am second and you are first.

No comments: