Tuesday, July 13, 2004

Back again in Tennessee

Over 100 years ago, my ancestor Herndon family left their namesake village of Herndon, VA to migrate to Tennessee. They stayed only a little while--hearing of better farming opportunities, they posted the sign "Gone to Texas" and left to move to West Texas. That baffles me. In the next few months, I will be hanging the "Gone to Tennessee" sign on my door and will be moving to a place with water, green things, four seasons, and my children and grandchildren in Nashville.

If the blogs which follow these next four months have a slightly wistful, sad touch, you will understand. It is hard to leave friends, church, Mike Cope, my house and a community I have called home for over 40 years--but I am on a forward tilt to Nashville.

Thank you Lord for filling my life with wonderful friends and a progressive church--help me to carry my memories to another place of love and beauty.

No comments: