Monday, July 19, 2004

The power of affirmation

"Pleasant words are a honeycomb, sweet to the soul and healing to the bones".  Prov.16:24    My blogger is acting very strangely.  I will try to persevere--I don't know what format I will have when done....Leo Buscaglia once wrote, "Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment or the smallest act of caring--all of which have the potential to turn a life around."     I have recently received from dear friends letters of affirmation which certainly buoyed my spirits.  They were so kind with words about my life and blogging .  I do appreciate them so much.  While we may not know it, we do live by encouragement and need it as much as breath.  I am resolving today to try go give as much away as I can.    Dear Lord, help me to be as gracious as Jesus who affirmed so many as he walked on this earth.

No comments: